It displays thumbnails of all images in your Google Drive.
- If a photo contains creation date in EXIF and TIFF, Google Drive seems to prefer TIFF.
- 2014-09-21: Try to reload thumbnail urls when they are expired.
- 2014-09-15: Experimentally caching results of files.list API requests.
- 2014-09-06: First alpha release.
- Google Calendar integration. (Jump to the photos on the day of an event.)
- Better photo viewer than just link to Google Drive.
- I know Google Drive preview in mobile browser is teribble.
History about “PhotoHistory”
- Later 2011:
- I wanted to find some photos among thousands of photos in my iPod Touch.
- Say, photos of my son’s birthday, March 2006, but it wasn’t easy task.
- So I created an iOS app, PhotoHisotory.
- Sep 2013:
- Apple releases new Photos.app, which almost satisfy my needs, so I abandoned my app.
- Early 2014:
- Suddenly, iTunes colud not sync thousands of photos from MacBook to iPhone 5.
- I’m not sure, but may be numbers and/or size of photos may matter…
- Beside, photos occupy certain size of total storage of the device.
- It’s the time to think a cloud solution…
- Sep 2014:
- PhotoHistory cloud alpha released.
Something like FAQ
- Q. It uses Google Drive. So, why not Google+ photos?
- I know that images in Google drive can be seen in Google+ photos.
- As for https://plus.google.com/ for Desktop browser.
- In “All photos” we can jump to specific year and month.
- I don’ know why, but we cannot scroll back to latest photos.
- In iPhone.
- https://plus.google.com/ doesn’t provide “All Photos” and “jump to month” feature.
- Google+.app has “All Photos”, but no “jump to month”.
- It is impossible to see “March 2006 photos”.